Superintendent

Hi Everyone,

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome everyone back for the 2016-17 school year. We are very excited about our where we are as a school district. We are especially grateful for the state funding offer which, would provide 45% of a facility project that could give us a new PreK-3 Elementary School and upgrades to the HVAC systems at Nord and Steele High School. If Amherst residents are willing to contribute the other 55% of the project through a No New Tax bond issue in November, we can make this project a reality! We are able to do this without raising taxes by refinancing our existing bond issue and extending it for an additional 12 years from 2029 through 2041.

In addition, we will continue to focus on our other priority areas as well which include student achievement, finances and communication. Please check out our goals for the year by clicking on the link below.

District Goals 2016-2017

If I can ever be of service, please feel free to call me at 440-988-4406 (office) or 440-985-8017 (cell). I can also be reached via email at steve_sayers@amherstk12.org.

Thanks for your support of our schools and best wishes for a great year!!



Welcome Newborns

The Amherst Schools, through private donations, would like to welcome all newborn babies age 6 months and under who reside within, and are likely to attend, the Amherst Schools. The newborn will receive a packet with a welcome certificate, a board book, and other materials relevant to a baby's growth, development, and education. If you or someone you know has had a baby recently, please contact Mr. Sayers via email at steve_sayers@amherstk12.org or by phone at 440-988-4406. Please include the baby's full name, birth date, and home address, so the packet can be personally delivered by Mr. and Mrs. Sayers.