The Amherst Exempted Village School District is recognized as a leader in developing best practices in promoting healthy school nutrition and its important connection to learning. Children and young adults need a nutritious breakfast and lunch every day to be successful learners and have the energy to participate in school activities. The Food Services Department is committed to providing nutritious school meals and educating our children with life-long healthy eating habits. Contact us at 440-988-1991 for information on school meal requirements, nutrition guidelines, healthy lifestyles, and the benefits of school lunch.
- District Lunch Menus
- District Breakfast Menus
- Free and Reduced Lunch
- Nutrition Information
- Pay For It
Amherst Schools has enhanced its online payment service through a partnership with PayForIt.net. Using your credit or debit card, you may pay for school meals and student fees.
How It Works
PayForIt.net gives you the ability to:
- Deposit funds to your student’s account via credit card or debit card at your convenience, 24/7. The money will typically appear in your student’s account within 24 hours.
- Set up a single account for all the students in your family.
- Set up automatic recurring payments to your student’s meal account.
- Generate reports on your student’s cafeteria purchases.
- Check your student’s account balance and request e-mail notification when the balance falls below a specified amount. (Any funds remaining on your student’s meal account at the end of the previous school year will be carried over into the new school year.)
- Maintain a complete record of your payments.
How to Get Started
PayForIt.net is secure and easy to use. To set up an account, you will need a valid e-mail address, a credit card or debit card, and your student’s ID number. As a first-time user, you will be asked for your name, address, phone, e-mail address, credit card or debit card information, and a password. PayForIt.net provides online help at every step of the process. To ensure your privacy and security, PayForIt.net uses DigiCert Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software and requires a password at login.
- When entering your student's ID number, omit any leading zeroes.
- Enter your student's name as it appears on his/her school registration — e.g., William, not Bill.
- Mac users should use either Safari version 3.1 or the Firefox browser.
Summer Food Service Program
All children ages 1 through 18 are eligible to receive free meals during the summer months at participating program sites. Individuals ages 19 through 21 who have been identified as having mental or physical disabilities and are following Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) through their current enrollment in educational programs also are eligible for free summer meals. For more information or to find a location near you call 1-866-3-HUNGRY (486479) or click on the Summer Food Sites map from the Ohio Department of Education.
Free Health Coverage
Does your child qualify for the School Lunch Program? If so, your family may qualify for free health coverage. Please click on the Healthy Start & Healthy Families flyer for more information!
Deanne Pastva is the Food Services Supervisor in the Amherst Exempted Village School District and is a registered, licensed dietitian. Deanne was the Food Service Supervisor in the Beachwood City School District for five years and then came to us after working in the Revere Local School District for eight years. She also is a Certified (Sports) Coach and Certified Pharmacy Technician. Deanne received her undergraduate degree from Slippery Rock University, majoring in Community Health. Soon after graduation, she realized she wanted to become a Dietitian. She was a member of the University of Akron's Coordinated Program in Dietetics, finishing her Dietetic requirements in three years.