Enrollment and Registration

Required Documents for Registration

1. Parent/Guardian Photo ID: The parent/guardian must provide a passport/driver's license or a state photo I.D. as proof of identity. Only the legal guardian of the student may register the student.

2. Two Proofs of Residency: Parent/Guardian name and address need to be on all proofs. Acceptable forms of verification are as follows. MUST have one item
from LIST A and one item from LIST B.


  • Purchase Agreement signed by all parties with closing date
  • Lease/Rental Agreement signed by landlord and renter
  • Construction contract signed by all parties
  • Homeowner mortgage statement or coupon
  • Homeowner’s deed


  • Homeowner or tenant insurance statement/bill
  • Tax statement
  • Most recent pay stub with address
  • Current bank statement with address
  • Current utility bill (gas, water, electric, cable/internet)

If entering using a month-to-month lease, you will be required to provide proof of residency each school year.

3. If living with or in a home owned by a relative/friend, a notarized residency affidavit must be completed. Homeowner (relative/friend) will need to submit affidavit along with one proof of residency from List A. In addition, the Parent/Legal Guardian must provide one proof of residency from List B.

4. Guardianship/Custody/Divorce Documents (if applicable): A certified copy of any court order establishing custody or guardianship from Domestic Relations
Court, Probate Court, Juvenile Court, or any other Court of competent jurisdiction which has issued an order regarding the custody of the student being registered.
To verify guardianship or custody, the following are the only acceptable proofs:

  • A certified, time-stamped court order indicating custody together with any modification (3313.672 ORC)
  • A time-stamped notice of the application for appointment of guardian from probate court (valid for 60 days)
  • A certified copy of court placement orders for foster children Note: A letter from current guardian giving temporary custody is not acceptable. Also, any changes or modifications in the custody orders must also be submitted.

5. Student's Original Birth Certificate: The parent/guardian must present an original or certified copy.

6. Student's Complete and Updated Immunization Records (Medicine Administering Form)

7. Student’s Special Education Records (if applicable) : Provide copies of the following:

  • Evaluation Team Report (ETR)
  • Individualized Education Program (IEP)
  • 504 Plan
  • Medical Recommendations/Physician Documentation

8. Release of Records Request Form (Please complete if your child has attended any Preschool or other school.)


New Student Enrollment

Please select the appropriate enrollment link below to enroll in our school district. If you have any questions about enrollment, please contact the District Registrar, Lisa Overdorff, at (440) 988-1903 or email Lisa at lisa_overdorff@amherstk12.org.

Report Non-Resident Students

Students of the Amherst Exempted Village School District must maintain residency in Amherst or be accepted under Open Enrollment. If you know of someone who is not an Amherst resident but continues to send their children to the Amherst Schools, please help us by emailing, calling the Board Office at 440-988-1976, or completing the anonymous online form: Reporting Non-Resident Students Form

Amherst resident taxpayer education dollars are earmarked to serve only Amherst residents. In a continuing effort to provide the best education possible for our residents' children at the most efficient cost, we will continue to audit residency of our students. Your help in this endeavor is appreciated.


Open Enrollment

The Amherst Exempted Village School District does not have new open enrollment for the 2024-2025 school year.