STEP ONE - New Student Online Registration Form
Please complete the New Student Online Registration Form to begin the process of registering a student in Kindergarten. The online portion of our registration process should take approximately 30 minutes to complete. Please have the following information available: emergency contacts (parent(s) plus three more contacts); contact information for your student's doctor, dentist and preferred hospital; medical information (allergies, medicines, etc.); and previous school information.
NOTE: The enrollment system has been updated. If you completed a registration form prior to March 1, 2020, you will need to complete the new form below.
Should you have any questions regarding the New Student Online Registration Form, please email District Registrar Lisa Overdorff.
STEP TWO - Required Documents for Kindergarten Registration (EMAIL)
In-person registration is currently suspended due to COVID-19. We are accepting all required documents through email until further notice. You will need to email the following required documents (Registration Checklist) to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org to complete the registration process.
Parent/Guardian Photo ID : The parent/guardian must provide a passport/driver's license or a state photo I.D. as proof of identity. Only the legal guardian of the student may register the student.
Proof of Residency : Parent/guardian must submit TWO documents proving residency in Amherst. The district will NOT enroll without proof of residence. The only documents accepted for proof of residency are:
- Rental/Lease Purchase Agreement
- Mortgage/House Payment/Deed
- City/County Property Tax Statement
- Home/Auto Insurance Statement
- Cable Bill
- Notarized Residency Affidavit
- Voter Registration Card
- Government Assistance/Food Stamp Verification
Note: Utility bills and credit card statements are not a board-approved proof of residency.
- Guardianship/Custody/Divorce Documents (if applicable) : A certified copy of any court order establishing custody or guardianship from Domestic Relations Court, Probate Court, Juvenile Court, or any other Court of competent jurisdiction which has issued an order regarding the custody of the student being registered. To verify guardianship or custody, the following are the only acceptable proofs:
- A certified, time-stamped court order indicating custody together with any modification (3313.672 ORC)
- A time-stamped notice of the application for appointment of guardian from probate court (valid for 60 days)
- A certified copy of court placement orders for foster children
Note: A letter from current guardian giving temporary custody is not acceptable. Also, any changes or modifications in the custody orders must also be submitted.
- Student's Original Birth Certificate : The parent/guardian must present an original or certified copy.
- Student's Complete and Updated Immunization Records (Medicine Administering Form)
- Student’s Special Education Records (if applicable) : Provide copies of the following:
- Evaluation Team Report (ETR)
- Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- 504 Plan
- Medical Recommendations/Physician Documentation
- Kindergarten Registration Questionnaire
- Release of Records Request Form for Each Child