Amherst Schools has transitioned its online payment service from PayForIt to PaySchools Central. PaySchools Central is a secure payment system which simplifies school payments in an easy-to-use online portal. It enables parents to fund lunch accounts and pay required and optional fees online quickly and easily. PaySchools Central also allows parents to opt into and manage email reminders about their student’s accounts, so it’s easy to remember to replenish lunch accounts or pay for that upcoming field trip. PaySchools Central can be accessed via our online portal: www.payschoolscentral.com, or via convenient mobile app.
How to Get Started
If you are a returning user and had a PayForIt account, you can either log into your PayForIt account and it will forward you to PaySchools Central OR you can go directly to PaySchools Central and login using the same email and password from PayForIt! It's that easy!
If you are a new user to an online payment service or new to the Amherst Schools, go to PaySchools Central and select the "Register" button to sign up! Click on the link below to access the "Setting Up Your Account" document!
Why PaySchools Central
- Payments can be made by credit card 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at the parents’ convenience – online or via the mobile app
- Parents can review student purchases, along with account balance information
- PaySchools Central supports increased communication between our school and our families
- Online payments are fast, easy to manage (even for multiple students), and more convenient than writing multiple checks
- At lunch time, our cashiers will spend less time taking cash at the serving lines, so students have more time to eat
- No more lost lunch money, cash or checks on the journey from home to school!
Convenient Features for Parents
- Parents can opt in to receive email notifications when a student account balance falls below a threshold set by the parent
- Parents can use an automatic payment feature which replenishes their student account(s) when the balance falls below a level set by the parent
- Important school communications are automatically emailed to parents
- Student information is automatically transferred from year to year and even from school to school
- Parents can manage accounts for multiple students with a single login
- Parents can manage payments via an easy-to-use online portal, or while on the go with a convenient mobile app
- PaySchools is PCI compliant and maintains industry standard SSL certificates. This ensures all data is safe and secure
- A continuous online survey is provided to monitor parent feedback and ideas
Fees payed online will incur an internet convenience fee. The ACH fee per transaction when using an electronic check is $1.75. When using a debit or credit card this transaction fee is 3.9%.
Lunch transactions will incur a convenience fee. The ACH fee per transaction when using an electronic check is $1.75. When using a debit or credit card for a transaction less than $50 the fee is $1.65. For debit or credit transactions more than $50, the fee is 3.9%.